Ready, Steady, Cut! – Terms and Conditions
The promoter is: Warner Chappell Production Music Limited of Electric Lighting Station, 46 Kensington Court, London W8 5DA.
- The title of the competition is: ‘Ready, Steady, Cut!’.
- The competition entrants will create a short original film with a total length of no longer than 2 minutes and which must feature some Warner Chappell Production Music tracks. The short films must be submitted to https://wcpm.wetransfer.com/. Films will be judged by Warner Chappell Production Music and prizes shall be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- The competition will run from 1/07/2020 until 31/07/2020 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter at the email address set out at section 1 by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- To enter the competition send a video file of your film to https://wcpm.wetransfer.com/ with the following text in the subject line of the email: “Entry to the Ready Steady Cut competition” and include your contact details.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- For this competition you will be granted access to the Warner Chappell Production Music library. You will be able to apply for log in details and download privileges to get access to the music via our website. If you have any questions about this process please submit to: London@warnerchappellpm.com.
- By submitting an entry you agree that you shall retain no rights whatsoever in any Warner Chappell Production Music track(s) that you feature in the film. Warner Chappell Production Music grants you a gratis non-exclusive licence to reproduce the Warner Chappell Production Music track that you chose to feature in your film in the film for the sole purpose of submitting an entry to the competition and you shall have no further rights in the track(s) that you use or to exploit the film incorporating the track(s) without further licensing from Warner Chappell Production Music.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- Entries that contain footage or music that you do not have the rights to use for this competition, or which cannot be uploaded to and hosted on Warner Chappell Production Music social media channels without the permission licence or authorisation of any third party;
- Entries which are libellous, obscene, derogatory or which infringe the rights of any third party;
- Any responsibility legal or otherwise for submissions made to this competition that contravene any law.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- For help with entries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition entries will be judged by a panel of judges from Warner Chappell Production Music. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
- The competition is open to residents in the UK & Ireland only aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) above.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- There is a limit of one entry to the competition per person. Joint submissions are allowed. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- The competition is open to residents in the UK & Ireland only aged 18 years or over, except:
- The 1st place prize will be a a 12 (twelve) month Netflix Membership. The 2nd place prize will be a bottle of sparkling wine. The 3rd place prize will be a 3 (three) month subscription to ‘Beans Coffee Club’.
- Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the judging has taken place, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
- The promoter will request the winning films be showcased on the Warner Chappell Production Music social media channels. However, the entrant can reserve the right for their submission not to be shown on these channels.
- If you object to any your name and winning entry being published or made available by the Promotor, please contact the Promoter directly via: email@example.com
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- Limitation of Liability
In so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website warnerchappellpm.com and any other media, including on Warner Chappell Production Music’s social media channels, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
WCM will process your Personal Information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws when collecting such Personal Information through any system. We may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Bank details
- Data associated with organising foreign travel, including passport and visa details
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership).
COLLECTION, PROCESSING, PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS
We collect and process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the performance of contractual obligations.
- To manage the contractual relationship between you and us (we will not be able to perform certain of our obligations, including processing royalty payments, unless you have provided the necessary Personal Information).
- To manage contractual relationships with third parties which derive from the existence of the contractual relationship between you and us.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Accomplishing our business purposes
- To market and exploit compositions.
- To ensure that copyright works are correctly registered and rights managed appropriately.
We use this information to comply with our legal obligations and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- the length of time we have an ongoing contractual relationship with you;
- whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- sub-publishing licensees, collecting management organisations, independent management entities or other rights management entities;
- other participants in the exploitation of recordings, works and/or other related materials (including by way of example: producers, managers, representatives, record companies, etc.);
- tax and debt managers; and
- web support and content hosting companies.
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our contract(s) with you
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our artists, you or others; or
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you previously provided to us, if you would like to object to our use of your Personal Information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes.
Where our collection and use of Personal Information is based on your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, and such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers and you understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission regarding Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or consult standard terms by following this link.
We will use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We are located at the following address:
Warner/Chappell Music Limited
Legal and Business Affairs Department
Electric Lighting Station
46 Kensington Court
Attn: Privacy Coordinator.